WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


Milan, Virginia



Italy is very, very, very high on the list of places I'd like to photograph a wedding. I have shot many destination weddings but Europe hasn't called... yet. I got close with this one, they brought Italy here! The couple and the majority of their guests came from Milan, most not speaking any English. Fortunately, the camera gave away my purpose and we all knew what I was there to do.

They are such a beautiful couple. While communicating was tricky at times, it never posed any real obstacles. They did everything they were supposed to do: be happy, be in love. This wedding was a little different from what I am used to in that they got married very early in the day, followed by a luncheon. The focus was really on the ceremony, not as much on the after-party (which they did the night before, which I guess makes it a pre-party). Overall, the day was so elegant and very impressive.

Her father gave a toast during the reception, in Italian of course. She was so moved, as was he, that my eyes welled up and I had no idea what he was even saying. The translation that followed filled in the gaps. It was the most eloquent speech I have ever heard, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

As you may know, I love pairing music with my slideshows. Each wedding has its own story and takes on its own personality. I try my best to find music that serves it well. Of course, not knowing this couple at all I had to wing it a little and ended up with a song that I adore and just happens to be in Italian, "Sogno" by Andrea Boccelli.

You can watch the slideshow by clicking HERE.

No comments: