WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


No child left behind...


Peyton turned ten this weekend. The little golden-haired peanut we brought home from the hospital ten years ago now stands just below my chin. His sneakers are the same size as mine. He keeps stealing my college T-shirts and they kind of fit. The books he buries his nose in are thicker than the few I have time to read. His homework is even becoming a challenge, and I confess, I have secretly googled an item or two just to keep up.

But the one thing, the main great thing about him that we've picked up on since day one, is his caring, gentle nature. He has a soft spot in his heart for his sister and for lots of little kids. My daughter thinks he hung the moon. Our neighbors' kids and toddlers flock to him like the Pied Piper. He has something special.

It's his sister he looks after most. He manages her better than I can most days, and lets her hang around without complaint. Even this weekend, when he had 5 guys over for his birthday to go to the movies, spend the night and play outside, he let her be around the whole time and not even once did he ask us to keep her out of the way. She tagged along, and he let her. They have a neat bond that I am so eager to watch evolve. Of course in ten years we won't be letting her hang around his friends...I mean, yikes.

I couldn't resist this shot of all their shoes by the back door. Dorothy lives!

No comments: