WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


Lizzie and Joe

I am so behind on blogging so bear with me as I attempt to get halfway caught up today!

Lizzie and Joe had such a great wedding. They were so happy to be surrounded by family and friends on this summer day, their three beautiful blonde nieces making the trip in from Belgium with their Mom and Dad to take part. (side note: multi-lingual children always amaze me. There are days I wonder if mine have even mastered one language!)

As with most weddings, everyone was anxious to get to the reception so I am always thrilled when the couple is willing to step out of their party later on for some Bride and Groom pictures. Once the party is underway and the couple has had a chance to talk to a few people and hug their families, and maybe have a dance or two, they emerge from the building or tent excited to have a few minutes to look at each other, talk to each other, and just generally go "oh my gosh, we're married!!" without the weight of the day's logistics on their shoulders (and without an audience which is helpful!). It shows in the photos, doesn't it? In this case we were downtown which made for a fun backdrop. It's one of my favorite parts of every wedding.

Thank you Lizzie and Joe for having me, and best wishes to you both!

You can view Lizzie and Joe's Slideshow here.

No comments: