WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


Julie and Matt



Well, hey there! Yes, indeed, it's time for a little blog love. Poor thing has been terribly neglected and I have a bit of catching up to do. It's been a WILD few months and I have stacks of weddings and fun editorial bits to post, even a coffee table book inclusion! Top that off with the usual bizarre stories about my kids (let's just say one went to school with his face painted in magic marker by his, um, artiste brother who was inspired during sleeping hours) and I might have to post every day this week. Actually, I am going to try to. No, really. I will.

So let's get started!

Julie and Matt. Charlottesville. UVA. Gorgeous day. Sweet couple. Love and laughter, and of course, the talents of uber-party planners, Easton Events. Sound familiar? Yep, three weeks, back to back, same location but entirely different weddings! Truly, you can shoot 20 weddings in the same place for a year, and because of all the different elements involved and pieces of themselves that couples put into a wedding, they are never, ever 'the same'. It also inspires me to come up with different ways to shoot the couples and locations (while keeping some of the tried and trues that totally work, of course).

Julie couldn't suppress her happy giggles from the moment we came into the hotel room where she and her girls were getting ready. She was all smiles and hugs, loving her friends and family, eager to become Matt's wife. We had an incredible day for photos on the Lawn, and it was such a pretty night at Farmington Country Club we just kept snapping until the light was completely gone. They danced the night away, wrapping things up with a rousing Wahooo-wa (go UVA!) and driving off into the night, beaming.

You can see more images from their wedding by clicking on Julie and Matt's Wedding.

No comments: