WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


In case you were wondering...



Just in case you were wondering, this is how you shuck an oyster. Oh, and that's my photo too! Yay! A few months ago I got a phone call from the photo editor at one of my favorite magazines, Garden & Gun, asking to purchase one of my oyster pics for an article. Naturally, I agreed - what an honor. This is a magazine every southerner (and I use this term loosely, as I like to think we all have a little southerner in us) should have on his or her nightstand. The writing is fantastic, the photography is beautiful, and the articles are so varied and appealing that my husband and I quietly fight over it. When I can't find it with my things, I know exactly where to look.

Last week I photographed my first feature with Garden & Gun which will be posted as soon as I am allowed, and also shot two items for my other favorite magazine, Virginia Living. It was a really fun and adventurous week that took me out of my comfort zone and challenged me in a few different ways. More to come on those!

I wrapped up a busy shooting week with a beautiful Richmond wedding on one of the most gorgeous days of the year so far. Emily and Ted were fun, totally relaxed, and sweet as they come. Will be posting those soon. Can't wait!

No comments: