WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


More Squash


Had fun last night shooting the matches and we're finally through Round One. Phew! The boys came with me for a bit (I left my daughter with a friend as 'not moving during match-play' is a physical impossibility for her). They were each given a signed ball from the winners' matches for spelunking under the bleachers to retrieve a runaway ball during a match. They loved it, but am suspicious it had a lot to do with not having to do their homework while there.

Not to whine too much since I am not the one out there running around, but I am facing some challenges shooting these matches. The room, while dramatic and very well-lit for watching, is brutal for shooting. There is zero ambient light apart from the lovely overhead fluorescents (oy, that word took six tries with spellcheck to get right) which forces me to shoot at far wider apertures than I'd like for all the depth of movement, and also leave me at much slower shutter speeds than I'd prefer. They are moving so freaking fast from corner to corner and back to front that I am working hard to keep up. Just learning as I go...

My camera shoots an insane 8 frames per second, which can add up reaaaally quickly if you're not careful. I slowed it down for some of last night but as the matches get more heated I will have to suck it up and just overshoot. Can't miss a thing! You can see some of the latest shots at SquashSite.

Check Patrick out. Thank God he isn't teaching us that one in clinic. Ouch.

No comments: