WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


MmmmMaroma...



The Coffee Fairy never came this morning. No piping hot carafe of coffee with a mini New York Times mysteriously delivered to my porch. No Manuel to swing by my breakfast table with a pitcher of fresh-squeezed, impossibly-orange orange juice, sliced papaya and mango. No Moses to smile and wish me a "Buenos dias, Senora Patricia" and bring a basket of homemade breads and pastries. No sitting on the veranda with David overlooking the translucent azure water, breeze in my hair, wondering if it even matters what time it is when I wonder what time it is. And definitely no Serge clearing sand off our lounge bed on the beach (with a small dry paint brush to get even the smallest grains... and no, I could not make that up) and starting the endless supply of anise-tainted margaritas with a side of 'fresh as fresh gets' guacamole.

Sigh. We're baaaack!

OK, I did miss the kids a lot so it is good to be home, but we had one heck of a grown-ups only getaway to celebrate my birthday (which is now officially over, 30 days later). David and I spent the most decadent 4 days at a gorgeous and romantic resort tucked in the Mayan Riviera of Mexico. It's a fine line between sharing and bragging, so I'll let the photo speak for themselves. But put this 'note to self' in your PDA, rolodex or a post-it above your desk: "I absolutely must go to Maroma Resort and Spa sometime in my life". Now back to work!


* all photos copyright 2008 Patricia Lyons Photography

No comments: