WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


Ali and Michael's Wedding


It's a holiday weekend and I am not supposed to be working but shhhhhhhh...I snuck into my office to post this slideshow really quickly. A few weekends ago I photographed Ali and Michael's wedding in Jekyll Island, one of many beautiful tiny islands on the southernmost part of Georgia's coast.

I watched "27 Dresses" on the plane last weekend, and in the movie, a romantic comedy about weddings, the characters say their favorite part of the wedding is looking at the groom to see his expression when the bride walks down the aisle. That has always been, hands down, my favorite moment too. When Ali confidently strode down the aisle, Michael did not disappoint. It was very clear that he felt like the luckiest guy in the world. A great moment I was so glad to capture (oooh....I love the freedom of being up close in outdoor weddings).

Ali and I have been emailing about her wedding for a little over a year and finally meeting her was such a pleasure. She was easy, gracious, kind, accommodating, and Michael was as well. Their families were equally welcoming and so sweet! Thank you all so much for having us (Lori, my Vancouver photographer buddy flew all the way over & down to shoot it with me!).

So watch and enjoy Ali and Michael's Wedding. It's jam packed with photos and takes a second to load, so be patient.

No comments: