WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


Summer


As my daughter and I strolled through Target yesterday we stopped in our tracks at the new school supplies section. While I personally love school supplies and the yummy smells that accompany them (erasers! fresh notebooks! crayons in... more colors than actually exist in the natural world!), I thought Dylan was going to cry. I thought I was going to cry. Our jaws dropped and I panicked, checking my cell just to see what date it was (hey, it's hard to keep track). "But Mom, we CAN'T go back to school, we haven't done anything fun yet!" she pleaded. Oh, come on, we're at Target, I thought. What's more fun that that??

Rest assured we have had a great summer so far, but six-year olds have reeeally short-short-term memories. She couldn't remember past the previous day spent catching up on chores around the house. Prior to that we had spent a fun weekend with good friends at Virginia Beach followed by a week in Bethany Beach, Delaware. Hours in the waves. Putt-putt. Fisher's caramel popcorn served warm and gooey at the walk-up window. Fourth of July fireworks and sparklers. Sandy sandwiches. Grotto's Pizza. Anchoring off tiny islands and crabbing for hours while playing Scrabble. Bike rides. Fishing. Movies. Sleeping in. Losing track of time.

On the work front, lots of great things going on that I can't post quite yet. A few cool magazine features, beautiful weddings, and really fun bridal shoots. August should be a great blog posting month so keep coming back.

I did not take very many photos on our trips except these few momentous occasions. It may sound criminal to not whip out my camera on vacation, but it's a choice I have to make sometimes between participating and observing. And at the rate this summer is flying by, I'd much rather join in!

No comments: