WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


Holly and Tommy's Wedding

Holly and Tommy got married in a gorgeous Colonial Virginia church built circa 1735. George Washington had been born a mere three years earlier in nearby Pope's Creek when the church was completed. History hung in the air, and when I entered the chapel I was intrigued by chest-high wood walls that lined the aisle and enclosed the pews, with small swinging doors to access them. I could almost see the dignified parishioners of the era, the powdered wigs and flapping fans, trying to keep cool under the huge vaulted ceilings. The enormous doors on three sides of the structure would have allowed a refreshing cross breeze.

On June 14th, Holly and Tommy added to the history of Christ Church, marrying on a golden summer day.

A powerful storm threatened to douse us all shortly after the ceremony, but kindly waited until we were under the tent at the Indian Creek Yacht Club. And once it let loose it wasn't going to dampen anyone's spirits, especially Holly and Tommy's. They danced the night away and enjoyed friends, family and eachother.

Best wishes to you both! It was such a pleasure sharing your day.

You can view Holly and Tommy's Slideshow here.

No comments: