WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


August



August in Richmond. Just saying it usually makes people wrinkle their noses. August. Typically so hot, humid, and unbearable that kids don't even want to play outside. So hot you walk out the door and all the air gets sucked out of your body and camera lenses instantly fog up from the humidity (which is always tricky when shooting a wedding and no, you can't wipe them or it comes back smeary so you stare at it for 5 of the longest minutes of your life until it dissipates). No color in the skies, just steamy colorless haze, and on the ground, brown grass. And you scream "Mercy! Uncle! Bring on Autumn. Please!".

But not this year. Oddly enough, all month and at three back to back August weddings there has been none of it. None! The thermometer has hovered around 80-90 degrees which is simply unheard of. At receptions, folks are lingering outside and late to hit the dance floors not wanting to leave the rarity of clear air and cool breezes. My hottest wedding ever was in June. Up North. Go figure! (Amy & Jack rocked it with huge smiles though, and we all lost about 5 pounds in the process).

Yup. This August, haze-free blue skies. White puffy clouds. It can't possibly stay this way. Look OUT September.

Ronda had a beautiful bridal portrait earlier this month that I posted above. She was so fun, and such a sport. Her wedding was gorgeous and photos are coming soon. I just remembered another shot I want to post but I'll come back on that one as we are heading out the door for a day of zipping, jolting, screaming and flying on every roller coaster I can manage to hit. My oldest son is tall enough to go on everything, and brave enough too. Yippee! They are all awake now in anticipation...better run...

and Go Michael Phelps!

No comments: