WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


Kelsey and Patrick's Kiawah Wedding // Coastal Living Weddings Magzine




Many moons ago I photographed Briana and Ben's gorgeous Kiawah Island Wedding at The Sanctuary, and I swore I'd be back one day. I just loved that quiet, beautiful, Southern Coast island and could easily appreciate their family's attachment to it over the years. So when Briana's Mom, once of the nicest people you'll ever meet, called to let me know that her other daughter Kelsey was engaged to the cute boy she had brought to her sister's wedding, I was so excited! 

Kelsey is a very patient bride, a skill learned in part by falling in love with a Navy man, so navigating (get it?) the calendars far in advance to determine he would be on his deployment was hard enough, but ensuring the River Course at Kiawah Island, her dream venue, would have been rebuilt in time after a heartbreaking fire made the wait seem ever longer.  They set their date and we waited. And waited. And planned. And wow, was it worth it.

The day started hazy and humid, storms threatened from the west, but spirits were high given Kelsey and Patrick would finally be married!  All went smoothly and then suddenly, I kid you not, DURING the ceremony, the sun peeked through and never stopped. It was pretty spectacular. 

Take a look in this spring's Coastal Living Weddings, and enjoy.

Event Planner: Engaging Events // Invitations and Programs: Sixpence Press //
Bride's Dress: Madison Row // Bridesmaids Dresses: LulaKate // Cake: Market Street Sweets




No comments: