WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


Martha Stewart Weddings' 'Top Photographers List'


Honored. And floored. Swear. 

Several months ago I was asked by an editor at Martha Stewart Weddings to fill out a questionnaire for an article about photography to be in their next issue.  Just normal stuff, you know, how long you've been in the business, describe your style, do you travel for weddings, advice for brides, that sort of thing. I was very careful with my words, and a bit verbose I suppose (that's just how I roll), and submitted my novella wondering if they'd use a quote or something.  I mean, wouldn't that be cool??

Fast forward a few months and one day I get a Facebook message from an old friend saying 'Congratulations on being named one of Martha Stewart Weddings' Top Photographers!!' Whaaa?  I made her send me a snapshot of whatever she was reading because I didn't even believe her.  But there it was in print, some sort of otherworldly validation by the masters of all things weddings, of ten years of shooting, and learning, and just plain working my butt off (and shhh... doing what I love).  Let me tell you, it made my day, my month, my year, my career.

But my 14 year old warned me not to let 'ranking hubris' affect me (I still think he made that up but have been meaning to check). And so it is. I am beyond thrilled to be part of this list, but back I go to chatting with new clients, committing dates for summer weekends well into the near future, editing until my wrist feels weak and my eyes start to cross... and making brides, grooms and their families happy capturing one of the best days of their lives.  Because that's truly the best validation there is.



No comments: