WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


Southern Living, June Issue - Dinner with the Kelleys



I LOVED this photo shoot. I could do an entirely separate post on loving Nashville itself, but I am trying to stay on task here! But my gosh, the people, the food, the vibe... anyhoo...

I'll admit I was a little stressed just before this shoot, I mean, what with all the beauty, timing, trying to get it all done in one day, doing it all justice, famous musicians with not a ton of spare time, lighting (the nature kind, which has a schedule of its own), and it being my first assignment with Southern Living magazine. But as usual, once you show up, set up, the collaboration begins, and hit the shutter that first time, all your worries start to fade and you go into work mode, all pistons firing.

Our kind hosts, Cassie (check out her fashion Instagram @womanista) and her musician husband Charles (you might recognize him from his little band, Lady Antebellum), opened their doors to us for the day and wow, their home did not disappoint. Bright, comfortable, chic and stunning come to mind, and the garden was just perfect for cocktails and a delicious dinner. Their guests arrived and it was go time. I took a deep breath and got to work, maybe or maybe not hollering across the pool here and there some soft direction (Charles, tell a good story!, Cassie cross your leg the other way, Charles put your foot down, sit back, sit forward, GOT IT!!). I'm sure they were counting the minutes until I left! But they truly could not have been more kind, accommodating and easy to shoot.

I hope you enjoy the piece. And seriously, add Nashville to your travel list!


No comments: