WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


The Big Race is almost here!


I am so proud of the kids! I am equally proud of all my amazing friends, clients, vendors, kids' teachers and family who posted pledges for our race-running guys. And I have the best Brides EVER. I can't believe how many of you, and your parents too, posted pledges in just the past few days that are now north of $1,000.00. WOW!

The photos above are from last year's race, when they raised $425.00. They are checking the pledge stats every day now and cannot believe "how nice people are being". They are beyond excited.

So in a few weeks they will run the mile in honor of their grandmother, who was diagnosed with breast cancer about 6 years ago. It was a very scary time with some major complications. We spent a lot of time trekking up and down I-95 for visits and ate in a lot of hospital cafeterias, which is how they remember it, but she got through it and has been cancer-free ever since.

The funds raised benefit the VCU Massey Cancer Center and cancer research. It's so cool for the kids to learn they can make a difference, and believe me, they work for it! One mile is a long way on little legs. Last year you couldn't wipe the smile off their faces after they crossed the finish line AND they felt like they really did something to help their grandmother.

It is an incredibly rewarding experience for them in so many ways. You can POST A PLEDGE HERE, or just come out and cheer ALL the amazing kids on!

No comments: