WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


The Paper Pig


I am guessing you don't have a paper pig. I am sorry, I don't mean to brag, but everyone should have a paper pig.

The kids made this organizer for their Dad's birthday present. I had nothing to do with the end result, I guarantee, because I was the one with all the bad ideas. They wanted to make a sculpture, to which I responded, "ohhh...why don't you write something, or maybe draw a picture...". "Nah", they said. Cringe. If you know any kids then you understand that the words 'create a three-dimensional sculpture' from the mouths of three box-hunting, scissor-wielding, glue-loving artisans is S-C-A-R-Y. Especially in a clean kitchen.

But they would not hear of it. The box my Christmas present boots came in was sacrificed. Marbles were scrounged. Paper plates and cups were strewn across the floor. Ideas were flying. And a pipe cleaner was coiled for the tail, of course. The assembly line began.

Me: Why don't you make it a paper alligator or something?
Them: Becuase it's a pig.
Me: But Dad is going to have it in his office and people might think you think he's a pig.
Them: Well, he does have a lot of papers everywhere. This will help him be organized.
Me: Why not an alligator?
Them: Because that doesn't make sense. It's a pig.

And so it went. Only one band aid later (those dang scissors) and now their Dad has this awesome paper pig that never, ever should have been anything but a pig. It's absolutely perfect.

No comments: