WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


Getting back to normal...


I had no idea where the Aland Islands were. Do you? Had you ever heard of them? Then you must have been paying closer attention in geography class, because I had to google them. They are 6,500 rocky islands between Sweden and Finland. Sounds a little chilly for me, but I'll bet it's beautiful.

OK, so I go to check my web site stats and we're approaching 1,000 new visitors to my site this week. This is largely due to the squash slideshows, I know, because Alanders probably aren't googling Virginia Photographers, and the slideshow links are posted on some international squash websites. So anyway, in my dumbed down stats report there is a page that shows the top visiting countries next to their cute little flags. Aland has a great flag by the way. And some of the Alanders are checking out my squash slideshows in addition to folks from about 50 different countries around the world (but I had actually heard of all the others). I don't get out much apparently, because I think that's pretty cool. Here is the Virginia Pro Tournament Finals Slideshow they're watching. The Rounds 1 & 2 Slideshow is in the last post.

Which brings me to my blog stats which is a different set of stats altogether. I just added this cool little ClusterMap (at the bottom of the right-hand column) and while I know there are other compound cluster-blank words that may be popping into your head, we're just not that kind of blog. Geez! But it's still fun/weird/great to see that folks are reading my and seeing my work in lots of places. I have no idea what that all means to me or my business, but I'll try and spend some time thinking about it over spring break. Ha.

So now my squash duties are over and I can get back to my real life. Like playing squash instead of shooting it. Above is my new rockin' Harrow racquet, do you love it, or do you love it? Thank you Dave! I played with it for the first time today and I can't begin to tell you how much better it was than my old hand-me-down. Patrick snapped his strings and we broke the squash ball so I must have been killin' it! Actually, his string and the ball were toast to begin with, but surely my new racquet had a little something to do with it.

Cool trip coming up, will be sure to post some photos soon!

No comments: