WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


Virginia Living for the Holidays



Here's the new holiday issue of Virginia Living! The title is a nice silvery metallic, so don't be fooled by the gray on your screen. I am so, so excited they picked an image I shot for the cover. My guess is it has something to do with those cute munchkins in their ballet attire. Lemme tell ya, the other photographers who contribute to the magazine are really amazing, so to have my photograph be chosen is an honor like you wouldn't believe.

The little girls were adorable. We weren't exactly sure how they would ultimately be incorporated into the shot (should they twirl? run across?), but once they got ahold of the chocolates they just did their thing and we let them concentrate on trying to break into those little candy pouches. Richard Stone styled the piece, brilliantly incorporating silver wrapped chocolates into the mantel decor. The girls sat there much longer than we'd have ever expected as a result, my dorky comments to make them laugh not even necessary. And our guilt over the candy eating was assuaged by the fact they were headed straight to the Dentist's office afterward. Which was a very good thing.




The Champagne Dinner piece was such a blast to shoot once I got past the urge to sit down and join them. My good friends, Reed and Scott, came to the rescue as we sought a house and 'models' who would provide a really beautiful and holiday-ish backdrop for the 5 course dinner that would be prepared for them. It was a wild shoot as there were six of them enjoying the great food (yep, that's Hyde, Manoli, Lacey and Ned in there too!), but there must have been 15 of us in the kitchen. Chefs cooking, writers writing, sommeliers providing proper champagnes, shooting, lighting, styling. It was nuts, but it really came together and they got a great evening out of it with a gourmet meal prepared by the folks a One North Belmont.

Thank you guys for being such good friends and smoking hot models! It's nice to know you have that second career to fall back on. And Scott, I will forever be impressed by your ability to saber a champagne bottle. Even if it did take a...couple...of tries.



No comments: