WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


A Little Home Work



Last month I had the pleasure of shooting the Carr's beautiful country home on a sunny and intensely blue-sky day. The entire time I was there I was in a state of awe with a twinge of space, grass and country envy. And porch envy. The breeze came in one door and went out the other bringing with it the scent of honeysuckles, fresh cut grass and well, country. While the city is my home, I could see myself picking it all up and heading out there, but of course I'd have to kick Melissa and her family out to make room and that's not nice.

The dogs were not paid actors but they certainly wanted their share of the limelight. Every time I set up a shot they would mosey over in their relaxed country dog saunter and comfortably melt into the scenery. While I was editing I was playing 'where's Waldo' with the dogs, because they showed up in ALL of photos. But they were so perfectly color coordinated to their rooms that I left them, and kind of forgot they were even there.






Lee, the Art Director sent me the lovely behind the scenes photo below, and it only seemed fair to post it since I post photos of everyone else and, it makes me laugh. I was on the jeep to take the cover shot as I needed a higher vantage point so you could see more house, less driveway as it was on an incline. And yes, I look particularly dorky but I swear that's not how I focus. I was turning the polarizing filter and it's hard to do up there without sticking your fingerprints on the glass and working within the lens hood, while trying not to break the jeep. That I would never live down.

Enjoy the magazine, it's on newsstands this week!

1 comment:

Mason Hearn said...

I think it says something about how jazzed R-Home is, to have the famous Patricia Lyons shooting their stuff, that they should publish a picture of their photographer at work.

Way-to-go, Patricia!!!