WELL, HELLO THERE.

I'm Patricia Lyons and welcome to my blogsite. I am an international lifestyle photographer based in Virginia.
I shoot, well, everything, but you'll find I mainly photograph editorial for select magazines, as well as beautiful weddings in Virginia and around the world. Some photo slideshows are stacked below to the right, and you can even watch them all if you have a whole lot of time and a jug of coffee (and I've been told a box of tissues). You can also 'search' the blog if you are looking for something specific.

Or I suppose you could just enjoy the ride back in time, as everything happened.
I know I have.

You can find me at (804)387-5722 or email patricia@patricialyonsphotography.com


Nathan and Leslie's Wedding


Rainy days get a bad rap, especially from sweet brides who have imagined their wedding day their whole lives in a golden sunny setting. I like blue skies and sunlight too, believe me, but of course we don't have a whole lot of control over that one little detail of the wedding.

So if you are planning your big day at, say, Keswick Hall, and you want to get married outside and the forecast looks ominous, you have hopefully hired the amazing women at Easton Events so they can execute Plan A or Plan B, and maybe even Plan C.

But most importantly, you do exactly what Leslie did. You smile, you laugh, you maybe peek out the window once or twice hoping for some clearing, but in the end you remember exactly why you're there and you enjoy every single minute of it.

As a photographer, I love a cloudy day. I know, you're going pffffft, but really, beautiful diffused light that makes greens pop and faces glow. Resort pools are clear of sunbathers and aside from actual rainfall, we are much less limited in what direction I shoot from based on lighting. And even better, no squinting or harsh shadows.

So if the skies open up a few minutes before your ceremony, and Plan A (full outdoors) gets dismissed. Then Plan B gets passed upon when the rain comes down sideways and into the tent, you simply glide down the stairs, just like Leslie did, a smile so heartfelt it could light up any room, and you marry the man of your dreams.

If you'd like to see Nathan and Leslie's Wedding Slideshow just click here.






No comments: